Sermon This Sunday
Tell Them I-Am Sent You
Emmaus Gathering held on September 19th
The G.R.A.C.E. Community held its September Emmaus Gathering at Cheatham. There were approximately 50 people in attendance. The group enjoyed a potluck lunch before going into the sanctuary for worship. Attending from Cheatham were Pastor Alan, Teresa Van Hooser, Juana Chennault, Joyce Venable, Linda Gressley, Judi Yarbrough, and Flo Wells. If you are interested in going on the Walk to Emmaus, please speak to one of these people.
3 Ways to Serve this week
- Encourage our Military – address info and cards are located in the Historical area.
Visiting our Shut-ins–visit those that are homebound or in a nursing home.
Prayer–please be in pray for those in need
Weekly Prayer Focus for October
- Through Jesus, let us offer a sacrifice of praise – the fruit of lips that confess His name. Hebrews 13:15. Pray for the Autumn Celebration!
- Pray that God pours out His grace and more grace as we experience fun, food and fellowship at the Autumn Celebration.
- Pray for the lost in our community. Let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe. Hebrews 12:28.
- Pray to be excited and expectant to what God is doing through our church. Proper worship of God is exuberant.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment and blessings on church charge conference. May the zeal of our God fill our hearts!
“Bound for Greater Things” by Bishop Huie, October 12th
On Monday, October 12th, Bishop Huie will be at Pollard UMC to speak to us on “Bound for Greater Things” Living Into God’s Future. Laity (laity consists of all members who are not a part of the clergy) are invited to be there at 7:00 pm. There will be nursery available. The church van will be available if you need a ride.