The event was a success and we return all the glory to God! See the slideshow HERE.
Silent Auction Inventory as of October 8th, 2015. Watch the video here: Silent Auction Promo Video on You Tube.
Cheatham Memorial United Methodist Church will hold its first Autumn Celebration with a fish fry and silent auction on Saturday, October 17, 2015 beginning at 5:00 PM. We are looking forward to your joining us for an evening of good food and fellowship as we raise funds through a united effort for the mission programs of our Church.
For this event to succeed, we need your help and participation. Every member of the church is encouraged to donate at least two items for the silent auction inventory. Please pray about what you feel you will be able to donate for the inventory and know that your donation will be truly appreciated!
Many of you may wonder -what can I donate? Below is the list of items that typically do well at silent auctions. If you do not have access to any of these items, you may choose to buy an item for the auction or make a cash contribution which the auction committee can use to purchase a suitable item for you. Please remember that handcrafted and home baked items are always the best that can be given!
We must begin immediately collecting the inventory for this event! You may drop your donation with the completed donation form at the church during office hours any time before October 1.
This will be a fun and exiting time for everyone in the Church as we work, play, and pray together for the glory of the Lord!
Autumn Celebration Committee
Foods of various kinds
- Jellies, pickles, bread basket, fried pie basket, candy basket, peanut brittle
- BBQ brisket
- Smoked turkey or ham
- Cheese / crackers / sausage basket
- A casserole a month (for 1 year or 6 months)
- A dessert a month (for 1 year or 6 months) – cakes, pies, or cookies
Home and Garden
- Artwork – crosses, handcrafted items
- Decorative items – antiques or collectibles
- Home decor – table, lamp, chair (recliner or rocker)
- Plants – potted ornamental plants, ferns
- Cord of firewood
- 6 lawn mowing service, flower bed work, tree trimming
- Trees and shrubs
- Outdoor lighting
- Patio furniture
- DVD Player
- iPad / tablet
- Kindle / Nook
- Door wreaths for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Installing and taking down outdoor Christmas light
- Christmas ornaments and wall hangings
Fashion and Accessories
- Handbags, luggage
- Clothing store certificates
- Cowboy boots, Western belt
- Will or estate package from any VZ law office
- Cash donation
- Certificate from beauty salons
- Designated parking space for 1 year at church
- “Lord’s Acre” recipe book
- Massey’s Cleaners service certificate
- Quarter-page ad in Van Zandt News or Grand Saline papers
- Paddle boat
- Guns / shooting range passes
- Hunting / fishing equipment
- Golf / tennis or other sport equipment
- A book of movie tickets
Trip / Vacations
- Time-share certificate
- Colorado Ski Trip
- Gaylord’s weekend package
- Hotel / casino weekend package in Shreveport
- Hotel / casino weekend package in Choctaw
- Bed and breakfast weekend in Jefferson, Salado, Fredricksburg, etc.